Meaningful Connections With Youth and Young Adults
with Dr. Patrick B. Reyes
(Teaching videos and discussion questions)
- Two teaching videos, totaling less than 15 minutes
- A discussion questions handout to guide viewers through conversation
This free video and discussion resource is aimed at adults in the church, and would be great for either a Sunday school class or all-church discussion.
This resource was created by the Timothy Circle.
What you’ll learn with this resource:
- What young people really need from a youth ministry.
- A practical exercise to connect with young people – one-on-one or in a whole group.
- A new way of thinking about meaning and purpose based on regenerative science.
- A way of thinking about boundaries that helps young people understand and maintain their own, so they can better hear the still, small voice of God.
Dr. Patrick B. Reyes
Dr. Patrick B. Reyes is the author of the bestselling book The Purpose Gap: Empowering Communities of Color to Find Meaning and Thrive, and of the award-winning book Nobody Cries When We Die: God, Community, and Surviving to Adulthood. He is the host of the Sound of the Genuine podcast.
A Chicano educator, administrator, and institutional strategist, Patrick is the Senior Director of Learning Design at the Forum for Theological Exploration. He is president-elect of the Religious Education Association and serves on several boards in education and the non-profit sector supporting the next generation of BIPOC leaders and educators. You can learn more about Patrick at patrickbreyes.com.