by Lori Richey, former youth director
Even if you’re not a youth sponsor, there are things you can do to support youth at your church and help foster an environment that shows young people that they are valuable and beloved children of God.
Here are some ideas:
- Call youth and young adults by name.
- Know something about as many young people as possible. What sport do they play? Where do they go to school?
- Provide a safe space for your teen or young adult child to invite friends from church for social connection and fellowship.
- Volunteer to drive for a youth-oriented event or outing.
- Drive youth to or from church camp.
- Send a card or note to graduating seniors.
- Watch for youth or families of youth in the church bulletin who might be in need of prayer, and then pray daily for these people