Faith & Call in College
For some college students, the path is clear. They’ve heard and responded to God’s call to a particular course of study or career field. For others, college is a time of exploration and discernment about what they are called to and how they will use their gifts for good in the world. In both scenarios, students benefit from an awareness that they are working towards not only a job, but a vocation – the sense that they are called to a certain task or role because they are uniquely gifted to serve in that way. This section addresses topics related to Faith and Call in the College years.
- Books to help with the high school-to-college transition:
- Almost Grown: Launching Your Child from High School to College, by Patricia Pasick
- When Your Kid Goes to College: A Parent’s Survival Guide, by Carol Barkin
- Letting Go: A Parent’s Guide to Understanding the College Years, by Karen Levin Coburn and Madge Lawrence Treeger
- The Launching Years: Strategies for Parenting from Senior Year to College Life, by Laura Kastner and Jennifer Wyatt
- Worlds Apart, by Chuck Bomar